May 7, 2010

The annoying post with random updates and tidbits

***This might be a long one.***

It's been about a month since I posted something about what's going on in the lives of the Mancub and me. So here a few bullet points (some of these points may be paragraphs - DEAL):

  • I think I already shared with you all that my mama came to visit me and the Mancub in March which made me joyful and homesick - leading to me announcing that we would be moving back to Seattle in July.
  • I'm not sure that we'll be moving back to Seattle until the end of the year now. With July quickly approaching and me not having the sufficient savings that I'd like the date just seemed to be too soon.
  • The Mancub is starting to use his words!!! Which is exciting for me since I was a total freak about his speech development but like his pediatrician said - "all kids are different and development in their own time." To add he also read to me his favorite night time book, "Good Night Seattle," and by read I mean using the basic words to describe what was going on in each page. For example, "Goodnight Monorail traveling through the Experience Music Project" turns into "Nigh, nigh mo'rail!" How cute is he?!?!?!?!
  • The Mancub is ALL BOY! Allllllllll boy! He throws his toys all over the living room, gets dirty in the mud, runs around in the rain, smears food on the table and his hair, bites me when he's excited, and likes to make a big splash in the bathtub. He's all boy and I'm loving it!
  • I'm currently obsessed with The Wire courtesy of the Mancub's godfather Uncle P-Diddy.
  • I'm also a little obsessed with listening to Nina Simone while I work.
  • Speaking of work - I'm loving my new job!!!!! I was able to get a TV placement for two clients in my first month of working full time. Though I'm still trying to find the balance of working from home and lifestyle but I've always been a bit of a workaholic anyway. I guess it is expected to be worse working from home, ay?
  • Though I love what I'm doing I do notice that I'm still not able to pay more attention to this blog as I would like BUT I'm still contributing to the social media world - just more in a PR role than a blogger role. It's a balancing act as well.
  • This one is personal and perhaps TMI but I was intimate with a man for the first time in TWO YEARS! This one may need a post of its own but I was debating even sharing this information in our current sharing overload society but it's a part of my life and single womanhood - so there ya go. Now that I'm done justifying my sharing this information let me tell you a little bit about it. We're no longer intimate with each other due to the complicated situation but our intimate moments were amazing. He made me feel like a woman again and I'm very thankful to him for that. He took total control of the moments and made me feel sexy and beautiful inside and out. He reached out to hold my hand and cuddle and went straight into conversations about life - very rare to find in a man. Actually I hadn't experienced that since my first love/ex-boyfriend. Again, I'm thankful to him for letting me feel like a desired woman. Oh and he doesn't know about this blog...I think.
  • Some family jazz - my brother is an amazing and talented teenager and will be graduating from high school next weekend. I'm confident that he will be changing we watch movies. My sister did her first Model UN at Harvard this Winter and LOVED it. I'm thinking she'll either be making changes in the world by taking part in policy changes or in the classroom, inspiring other hopeful Poli-Sci majors.
  • Other family jazz - I was contacted by my biological father's side of the family; sisters, cousins, aunts, etc. The plan was to meet up with two of the sisters for lunch this week but that fell through but I was relieved for that. I'm not sure I'm ready to meet them yet. This deserves its own post as well.
  • Right now an old friend is visiting me from New Mexico. I haven't been the best host but he's a big boy and has been able to run around the island while I work on a few projects. Though we were able to go hiking together yesterday which was nice. The Mancub loves hiking (or getting carried in the backpack carrier while I heave ho up the hill). I love that loves being out in nature! Hopefully tomorrow will be a saving grace - we'll be going to the North Shore for a photo shoot for my friend and then picnic at the beach afterwards.
  • Next week my friend/boss and two interns will be coming to the island for some training - looking forward to meeting Gabby and Rebecca and seeing Lindsey again. Need PR? Check us out at Marketing Maven Public Relations. We specialize in lifestyle and consumer publicity but I'm also looking into a few digital and clean technology companies as well - since those are my two passions. Shameless, I know.
  • OH!!! I went out with my friends for the first time a few weeks ago. We hung out at Chinatown's Murphy's Bar & Grille. I was able to drink and speak adult talk in Honolulu. Not at a girl's night at someone's house where we could bring kids. It was a kid-free night! And it was beautiful. Though I did talk about the Mancub a lot but he's my life so that's just how I roll. We'll be going out tomorrow night too - sans kiddos.
  • And lastly I will be working on my 27 Things to do Before I Turn 27 list full throttle starting next week. Wish me luck!
Man that was boring but that's what's been going on in life. Work, Mancub, figuring out how much more I need to save for Seattle, and other jazz.

What's going on with you fine folk?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails