September 30, 2009

Not the end...

Dear Bambino,

As I sit here trying to think of something creative to write for you on the last day of your birthday month I find myself a bit blocked - so this may be a bit of a jumbled post.

This month has been a bit of a whirlwind with the planning of your birthday to the cancellation of your birthday party due to mama's car breaking down. I hated having to do that but we need a car so that I can take you to daycare and go to work....to pay for daycare. Thankfully we were still able to honor your first year of life with a small gathering with Nana Patty and some family.

Anyway, I could create a list of all the things we've been up to this month but this month is about YOU! Y-O-U!!!

I've had a lot of fun coming up with little notes for you and I will one day print everything, create and give a little book to you.

Then when I think about creating that book or the day that I would I think about you grown up. Maybe it will be created for you when you graduate or as soon as when you're old enough to read. Either way I enjoy fantasizing about your future - the kind of man you'll grow up to be and the things that you'll do. For example, perhaps you'll be the sweetest and most sensitive man who can make a crowd laugh with your wit and be the best doctor, lawyer, or sustainable engineer/architect.

Not that I'm setting out a plan for you on what you'll do or what kind of person you'll be - I can only hope to be your guide to a happy and fulfilled life.

Though I can only be a guide for you I imagine that if I do things correctly that you'll grow up a very loving and strong individual. The kind of person who can make a person's day better with just a smile because your smile is contagious. I mean you do smile with your mouth wide open and dimples in full form. You have the cutest dimples.

Or perhaps you'll be the kind of person who will know that a heart-felt hug can go a long way into making someone feel loved. Because, baby, you give the best hugs and are the best little snuggler in the universe.

Or your laugh will be sufficient to keep all of the homes in the world lit and warm because it's one infectious little laugh. Your laugh fills my heart with happy vibrations. It makes other people laugh. Sometimes I think you laugh just to laugh because everything will be quiet in a room and then you'll just laugh. Ha ha ha! Giggle, giggle, giggle. I love it.

Whatever it is that you will do in the future I'm sure you'll do it with purpose. You usually only do something with purpose and are pretty persistent - even when you get frusturated you still keep trying.

Though it's great to think about your future I am focused on us now - on you. You are and always will be my main focus. You are my world - I know many moms say it and they all mean it but you are kiddo. You are my center of the universe and reason for everything I do. This all sounds cheesy but ya know what - I love being cheesy when it comes to you.

Thank you for bringing more laughter, smiles, love, and most of all cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese into my life.

I hope you had a great birthday month!

I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be
-Robert Munsch, Love You Forever

Love,
Mama

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails