June 26, 2009

Another preview

The best air conditioning in town.
The Bambino, Aunty Maka, and me with the belly bulge on top of Koko Head.


Indeed, I will be writing about my birthday a week after it's happened. That's just how my life goes. I'm busy, busy, busy.
Some info, the Bambino, Aunty Maka, and I climbed up Koko Head. I started out carrying the babe on my back (my triathlete cousin borrowed the hiking carrier) but due to nausea my awesome cousin, Aunty Maka, carried the Bambino to the top. It took my marathon cousin, Dr. Iron Man about 30 minutes to climb to the top, that's with his 37 lbs, 2-year-old on his back. His wife, Mrs. Marathoner, took maybe 5 to 10 minutes more. My cousin, Aunty Maka, maybe 10 to 15 minutes after her with the Bambino at the half way point. Me? Well, randomly we met my sister, her boyfriend, my aunt, and her husband on the way to the top. My sister, who isn't very athletic at all but the most beautiful college student on the Earth took only 45 minutes to get to the top. Me, a former trying to be a reborn athlete? Add an hour to that.
That's right! Almost 2 hours for me to get to the top!
At least I committed. Granted I could barely walk for the next couple of days but I made it to the top.
More on the climb and the weekend later.
Note: When I was 15 I climbed to the top of Diamond Head in what, like 20 minutes? Not sure but it was fast. Yes, that was 10 years ago and I was playing soccer everyday but that's besides the point. The view from the top of DH was beautiful but Koko Head's view kick's Daimond Head's ass! Well worth the two butt kicking, crunching hours.

1 comment:

Jaye @ canadian-mom.ca said...

Beautiful!! I wish I had that kind of "air conditioning" here, hehe :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails