February 10, 2010

I need a hero!

***THIS POST WAS INSPIRED BY MELY @ MELYSPEAKS.COM - CHECK HER OUT***

In real life {IRL} I am my own hero, "my own damn god." And in real life I have people that I look up to like my parents, my besties and the Bambino; each for different reasons.

But in the realm of internet I have a few folks that I not only read but am excited for their posts.

Here they are (in no particular order):
  • Meg from Whatever: She inspires me to create and opens my eyes to the tiny little details of random. For example, who thinks of photographing a watercolors paint tray? Or thinks of baking a rainbow cake? She brings out the happy. Note that I am not a religious person but I'm touched by her devotion to her god with everything she does; she never forgets to recognize him.
  • Sarah from Becoming Sarah: This lady is funny, tender and oh so honest and I adore her for that. Her devotion to her family is palpable through each and every word, each punctuation mark, each photo. She inspires me to love the Bambino more - which is incredible because my love for him is boundless already. I hope to one day find that love that she and her husband have for each other.
  • Matt from Matt, Liz and Madeline: I am inspired by his strength to go on each day and raise the daughter that he and his beloved wife created. I am inspired by his will power to write a blog, book, write in general about his two important gals. I am inspired because he is able to look and photograph his Madeline, see the similarity between her and Liz and not be crushed but pure happiness. I am inspired.
  • Heather from The Spohrs are Multiplying: The word "Strength" needs to have Heather Spohr as its definition. I don't want to imagine what it would be like if anything terrible happened to the Bambino but I'm pretty sure I would be lost and have next to zero will to live. But Heather, my heart goes out to her because she is so honest about what it is like to lose a child, something a parent should never have to do. She is so honest about having another child after her first child passed away and still demonstrates nothing but love for both children. She is a foundation, a pillar, a roof - the whole package when it comes to strength.
  • Rebecca from Girl's Gone Child: Holy cow do I adore this lady and her two little ones. From great names like Archer and Fable & great fashion sense to stories of trials and tribulations with her husband. My fellow wild child although it seems as though she was a bit more wild than I but I find that to be a good thing. I admire her style and love of music. I applaud her and her husband for making things work so that they can be a united and loving family. I just feel that if we met in real life that we would be great friends.
  • Amber from Unlikely Mama: because she is my internet buddy and I cannot wait to meet her {IRL} this August at Blogher. We share similar styles of mothering and I just feel like I can relate with her even though we're different; she's a coupled SAHM with a beautiful Bambina and I'm a single WOHM with a handsome Bambino. But other than that I love that she we're in the same stage of parenting - co-sleeping v crib sleeping. Breastmilk v formula. Big first birthday parties v intimate ones. Plus we have similar tastes in music. She hasn't been blogging much lately since she's been super busy with her little one but I always look forward to her posts.
  • Rachel Sarah from Single Mom Seeking: A read a few single parent blogs even beyond what I have on my blog roll. A lot of them I enjoy reading and am inspired & motivated by their posts. And while admittingly I didn't understand Rachel Sarah's posts in the beginning I've grown to love them. She is a real cheerleader for other single parents which is not only shown through her own blog but through Single Mommyhood as well. She really takes the time to get to know each person who comments or e-mails. She shares great stories about dating as a single parent and being a single parent in general. She also makes it possible for me to believe that I can do this, be a single mom and provide for the Bambino. She provides real confidence that I haven't been able to find on any other single parent blog.

That's the list. I know they're already well-known bloggies but those are the people that I get excited about reading, who inspire me everyday with every word. Thanks for that people!

Do you have a bloggie hero? What about an "in real life" hero?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails