So how shall I describe the experience thus far? Let's do a bullet list:
- Picking the theme - SUPER easy...I thought about it for about 2 seconds and was sold on the a Music Themed birthday party.
- Choosing an outfit - This one will continue to be a work in progress right up until the Bambino is about to turn 1 because I want it to be cute and edgy. Thank goodness for Etsy because I was getting sick of looking at all of the other baby shops for a decent First Birthday outfit.
- Decorations - Ugh...this is a hideous task because most of the music themed decorations I've found are tasteless and boring. I'm going to have to be creative on this one.
- Favors - No clue. A bunch of toys instruments from the dollar store or something more creative than that? I dunno. This mama's on a budget so I might have to go lame dame and go to cheap-o depot.
- Location - The townhouse. So that's easy.
- Invitation - I'm debating on using these cute invites I found at Target or stay on the green side on send an e-vite. Issue with the e-vite is that I can't find one I like. So I'll have to keep researching my options. Plus, it would be cool to look back someday and reminisce about his first invitation...hold it in my hand and all that good jazz. We'll see.
- Who to invite - So do I send invitations to people that I know won't be able to make it? Or just people that I know here in Hawai'i? Of course G-ma & G-pa will get one. Seriously what's the Emily Post on this?
- Food - Yeah I have no clue here. Guests will probably just be getting tea sandwiches. I hope everyone likes cucumber sandwiches!!!!!!
- Cake vs. cupcake - Hmmm.........if the Hanlon girls were here they would bake the finest cake known to mankind but they're not. So do I buy one or just make cupcakes?
That's how the planning is going so far. I'll be honest though I've been taking this party planning about as serious as a broken nail but I do enjoy it. I just wish I could afford to hire a band to play for his party, now that would be stellar. And yes I just used the word stellar.
Anyone have any suggestions on my problem areas?