November 18, 2008

Back in the Saddle...

...the work saddle that is. Indeed, maternity leave has ended and I am now back to the grind. The first day back wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be; though I still had to do all I could to keep from crying when I left Aidan but it was comforting to know that my sister, Liz, is caring for him. The 2nd day was worse because I came home late from work the night before and to a sleeping baby. Then when I woke up the next day to get ready for work my little bambino was still sleeping so I didn't get much awake time with the little guy - that makes for a sad mommy. So far I definitely feel as though I couldn't be a stay at home mom. Maternity leave was great and I was grateful for it but I love working - I love doing the commute and getting a total of an hour of just me time on the train and being at the office with my coworkers. I still miss Aidan while I'm at work but I know that even if I had a choice I would still be a working mom.

Anyway, I cherished the weekend that we had together. On Saturday, we went to my favorite baby store, Crunchy Granola Baby a very organic shop and the place where I have my parenting group, to get Aidan's hand and foot print in some clay. I was hoping to get some photos but we were in and out of the shop in what felt like 10 seconds. It took longer to get him out of his warm clothes than it did to get his prints done. The rest of the day we just napped together on the couch and Sunday was pretty much a lazy day as well.

I'd like to get into what I'm enjoying about motherhood but I have to get back to work - perhaps I'll do another entry during my lunch but I'll mention one thing: listening to Aidan "talk." His gurgles and coos are the absolute highlight of my days. It's amazing to witness his developments. Below is my talking bambino:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE!!! Still can't get over those big brown eyes ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails