September 27, 2008

I'd like to introduce you to...












AIDAN KAMAKA'KOA SPERBER
8 lbs 2.9 oz
19 inches
Born September 20, 2008 - 2:23 pm
After 18.5 hours of induced labor my special little man has finally joined us in this world.
I've really learned this year that plans are wise to make but life doesn't always go as planned. For labor I had planned to do everything naturally - no meds whatsoever. That didn't happen. On Friday 9.19.08 I went in for my regular doctor's appointment when they noticed that my blood pressure was higher than usual - though they sent me home telling me that I should take things easy. At around 3:00 pm my doctor's office called telling me that my blood tests came up abnormal and should come in to get monitored - if my blood pressure didn't improve then I would be induced. Arrived at the hospital around 6:00 pm and then 8:00 pm I was inducedd. Sorry for making this short but I've got to get back to the baby. Around 5:45 am my water broke...contractions were strong.....couldn't control the pain....asked for the epidural....cried about asking for meds because I wanted to do everything naturally....got over it as long as a healthy baby came out of me....started pushing around 1:00 pm....popped out the most special person in my life about an hour and a half later. It was an insane sensation but something pretty incredible.
Anyway I will hopefully get a chance to better explain the feeling of being a mother but it's amazing that I automatically have all of this love for such a little person. I'm in love!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm just awed looking at these pictures. It's so amazing that this little person is my dear friend Ally's son. Am I really going to have my own soon? He is beautiful! Look at all that hair and those big eyes! I bet you just could stare at him all day.

Way to go for trying to have it natural. I guess none of us know how we will be in the situation until we are actually there. So glad that everyone is healthy and doing well. Definitely post your thoughts on being a mother soon - I am excited to hear.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I'm such a dope! I oogled over Aiden's adorable pics as soon as you had them up and was thinking that I had left you a note, but I must have left it in my head ;-) HE'S ADORABLE!!! (Better be after 18 hours, huh?) Hope you're finding time to rest up and enjoying every minute with the man ... hope he won't be 20 by the time I get to meet him! Congrats chica!

Melissa said...

I had a dream about you and Aiden last night! Must be my subconcious self wishing I had my own little baby. Sure hope you are both doing well and adjusting to the new schedule. I tagged you on my blog - but don't feel any pressure to do it right now. It's just for fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails